Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Twan van den Berg, Kiremko:
The Netherlands can help improve potato supply chain in Iran
The potato supply chain can be considerably improved in Iran. During the early stages of the chain in particular — tillage, quality of seeds, storage and transport — major losses are experienced. Dutch agricultural companies are capable of bringing various solutions, says Twan van den Berg of Kiremko. During a seminar on 28 and 29 November, Dutch and Iranian entrepreneurs will talk about possible collaboration, according to Agroberichten Buitenland.
Kiremko is a Dutch manufacturer of potato processing machines and supplies total solutions from the input of potatoes to the packing lines for final products such as chips and crisps. Kiremko is active globally, including in Iran. The company supplied, among other things, two chips production lines and a crisps production line to this country. The first line was installed in the 1970s, the others in the 1990s, before the trade embargo was implemented. The company is currently negotiating supplying several new production lines through their own agent in Iran.
New contacts with Iran
Last year, contact was made between Iranian and Dutch embassies, companies and knowledge institutions to bring the improvements in potato production up for discussion. Van den Berg of Kiremko was one of the initiators in this. His goal is to increase yields of the harvest, and to improve the quality of the final product.
Source: Agroberichten Buitenland
Publication date: 11/17/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: