- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Argentinian citrus exports to Ukraine reduced by half
According to Ukrainian customs statistics, in September 2017, Argentina shipped only 1.2 thousand tonnes of these fruits to the Ukrainian market, which is about half the volume exported in the same month a year earlier. Analysts blame this to the decline in citrus production in Argentina due to unfavourable weather conditions, as well as to a general reduction in the product's imports into Ukraine.
Nevertheless, it is worth noting that Argentina managed to retain the second place in the ranking of Ukraine's largest citrus suppliers, as the country accounted for about 22% of all imports in September. It is followed by Turkey with a share of 16%. The leading supplier is South Africa, which since the beginning of the current season has accounted for about 51% of all citrus imported into Ukraine.
It is worth noting that in the first month of the 2017/18 season, Ukraine imported much less citrus than in September of the previous year, with lemon shipments recording the most significant drop.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/25/2018 Spain: "Our clementines don't hit the market until those from the southern hemisphere are sold out"
- 09/25/2018 China: Price of US imported oranges up by 50%
- 09/25/2018 U.S. Sugar announces progress in partnership with Texas A&M
- 09/25/2018 US navel market under pressure due to oversupply
- 09/25/2018 The rain in Mexico threatens the stable supply of limes
- 09/24/2018 “Lemons are gold, oranges stable, but tangerines and grapefruit will be negatively affected”
- 09/24/2018 Spain: Mandarins with modest royalties
- 09/24/2018 Andhra Pradesh: Steep drop in price of sweet limes
- 09/21/2018 Spain: EU to continue monitoring Turkish lemon arrivals
- 09/21/2018 Given the increased production of citrus, Spain plans to increase exports outside Europe
- 09/21/2018 Spain: Murcia demands more control in the arrival of citrus to Cartagena
- 09/21/2018 "Small sizes affect companies which package mandarins with leaves"
- 09/21/2018 Yunnan early-season tangerine demand exceeds supply
- 09/21/2018 Mexico: Jalisco, one of the main producers of Persian limes
- 09/21/2018 Spain: "In this campaign, persimmon producers mustn't rush to sell their product"
- 09/21/2018 Potential breakthrough could help against citrus greening
- 09/21/2018 Australia: Canker breakthrough
- 09/20/2018 Spain: A project to fight against fraud and varietal piracy in citrus fruits
- 09/20/2018 Spain: Castellon will harvest nearly 15% more citrus
- 09/20/2018 Drop in Sicilian citrus fruit production for processing expected