Job offersmore »
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe - Benelux and Scandinavia
- Grower Manager - Tuakau, New Zealand
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Argentinian citrus exports to Ukraine reduced by halfSince the beginning of the 2017/18 campaign, Argentina has noticeably reduced its presence in the Ukrainian citrus market, reports APK-Inform: Vegetables and Fruits.
According to Ukrainian customs statistics, in September 2017, Argentina shipped only 1.2 thousand tonnes of these fruits to the Ukrainian market, which is about half the volume exported in the same month a year earlier. Analysts blame this to the decline in citrus production in Argentina due to unfavourable weather conditions, as well as to a general reduction in the product's imports into Ukraine.
Nevertheless, it is worth noting that Argentina managed to retain the second place in the ranking of Ukraine's largest citrus suppliers, as the country accounted for about 22% of all imports in September. It is followed by Turkey with a share of 16%. The leading supplier is South Africa, which since the beginning of the current season has accounted for about 51% of all citrus imported into Ukraine.
It is worth noting that in the first month of the 2017/18 season, Ukraine imported much less citrus than in September of the previous year, with lemon shipments recording the most significant drop.
Publication date: 11/15/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: