Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Excellent EU grape market – if only the grapes can get there
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
- "US agriculture has failed to benefit from the Korean Free Trade Agreement"
- Winter storm Benji dusts southern US and Mexico with rare snow
- Photo report New York Produce show
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Russia: 50% discount on rail shipments of Uzbek and Tajik fruit and vegA 50% discount will be enforced by JSC Russian Railways until 2019 for the transportation of fruit and vegetable products from Uzbekistan and Tajikistan, as reported on 10 November citing the company's press service.
"The current tariffs for the import of fruit and vegetable products shipped by rail from the Republics of Uzbekistan and Tajikistan to the Russian Federation will be halved. This will apply to the refrigerated rolling stock belonging to the Uzbek Joint Stock company "O'zbekiston temir yo'llari" and to the Tajik SUE "Rohi ohani Tojikiston," said the statement from Russian Railways.
This reduction will be applied provided that Russian Railways is freed from the payment for the use of refrigerated rolling stock belonging to the Tajik and Uzbek railway companies.
The decision is coming into force 10 days after publication and will be valid until 31 December 2018; however, the Tajik Railways (TJD) reported that they had not received written notification of this decision. "We had previously asked Russian Railways for such discounts, but written notice of such a decision has not yet been received," stated a representative of the firm.
Publication date: 11/15/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: