Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Topseal packaging gaining popularity in EU marketsTopseal packaging is increasingly popular and has become standard on the UK market over the last few years, for packing both fruit and vegetables.
"The most important arguments in favor of this trend are, above all, the decrease in packaging waste and the increase of marketing attractiveness for the product. Packed products are visually appealing and fruit and veg with high quality packaging are considered to be a premium product by consumers. The advantages from the logistics point of view are also important - tight packaging prevents product spills in bulk cartons, and ensures no interference with the product from outside. Eliminating traditional packaging with lids and flowpack, allows for increased efficiency in distribution and better placement of products on the shelves," shared Maciej Chmielewski from Polish based Milbor sp zoo.
Milbor PMC has been hard at work recently, introducing topseal packaging and machinery to fruit and vegetable traders in Germany and Poland. Along with sorting and packaging machines, they also supply blueberries to European markets such as Germany, the UK and Scandinavia.
"This new way of packaging is based on top-down sealing film with micro or macro-perforation. As a result, the products in such packaging remains fresh and it’s shelf-life is extended. The topseal technology can be used not only for soft fruits such as blueberries, currants, or strawberries, but also for all kinds of vegetables, mushrooms, nuts or salads. Increasingly, topseal packaging is used in the packing of cut or dried fruit," Maciej continues.
Maciej said that topseal packaging is also beneficial in reducing labor costs, along with being a great tool for marketing.
"The use of printed film allows the growers to place the marketing elements of the company, basic information about the product, and also reduce the companies’ labeling expenses."
Milbor has been a presence at a variety of industry conferences and shows, with the most recent being ExpoSE in Karlsruhe (Hall 1 – stand 1/G-26 ), held next week on the 22 and 23rd of November. Milbor will be there to present their semi-automatic punnet sealing machine together with Packaging Automation and the Blueberry Soft Sorter with WECO Sorting.
For more information:
Milbor sp. z o. o.
Tel: +48 538 359 172
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: