- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- Arizona: Growers hope new leafy greens protocols will help prevent outbreaks
- ‘All preconditions for potatoes export to EU market fulfilled’
- “Spanish mangoes slightly later because of cooler weather”
- Croatian government want to halve VAT on fruit & vegetables
- Cydiance displays products in Peruvian Expoalimentaria
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- Growing organic and conventional carrots in Southern Spain
- Unbelievably huge UK vegetables
- India: Coimbatore airport sends first perishable export shipment by bonded trucking
- Potato production in Azerbaijan - double the country's demand
- "The Spanish stone fruit crisis is forcing us to boost exports"
Topseal packaging gaining popularity in EU markets
"The most important arguments in favor of this trend are, above all, the decrease in packaging waste and the increase of marketing attractiveness for the product. Packed products are visually appealing and fruit and veg with high quality packaging are considered to be a premium product by consumers. The advantages from the logistics point of view are also important - tight packaging prevents product spills in bulk cartons, and ensures no interference with the product from outside. Eliminating traditional packaging with lids and flowpack, allows for increased efficiency in distribution and better placement of products on the shelves," shared Maciej Chmielewski from Polish based Milbor sp zoo.
Milbor PMC has been hard at work recently, introducing topseal packaging and machinery to fruit and vegetable traders in Germany and Poland. Along with sorting and packaging machines, they also supply blueberries to European markets such as Germany, the UK and Scandinavia.
"This new way of packaging is based on top-down sealing film with micro or macro-perforation. As a result, the products in such packaging remains fresh and it’s shelf-life is extended. The topseal technology can be used not only for soft fruits such as blueberries, currants, or strawberries, but also for all kinds of vegetables, mushrooms, nuts or salads. Increasingly, topseal packaging is used in the packing of cut or dried fruit," Maciej continues.
Maciej said that topseal packaging is also beneficial in reducing labor costs, along with being a great tool for marketing.
"The use of printed film allows the growers to place the marketing elements of the company, basic information about the product, and also reduce the companies’ labeling expenses."
Milbor has been a presence at a variety of industry conferences and shows, with the most recent being ExpoSE in Karlsruhe (Hall 1 – stand 1/G-26 ), held next week on the 22 and 23rd of November. Milbor will be there to present their semi-automatic punnet sealing machine together with Packaging Automation and the Blueberry Soft Sorter with WECO Sorting.
For more information:
Milbor sp. z o. o.
Tel: +48 538 359 172
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/21/2018 Small traders’ revenue drops as shoppers avoid plastic packaging
- 09/20/2018 HOFER discounter launches offensive to reduce packaging waste
- 09/18/2018 “Sorting Brussels sprouts optically halves staff needed”
- 09/18/2018 New wok and oven vegetable packs at Albert Heijn
- 09/17/2018 Turning waste products into bioplastics
- 09/17/2018 Waitrose to have loose fruit and vegetable plastic bags removed by spring 2019
- 09/13/2018 Plastic waste almost beats pricing
- 09/13/2018 Iceland to stop selling plastic-packaged bananas
- 09/13/2018 New packaging law applies starting 01.01.2019
- 09/13/2018 Sun World moves packing operations in-house
- 09/12/2018 Potatoes as potato packaging
- 09/12/2018 ''CartoPaper is the sustainable potato packaging for large packers''
- 09/11/2018 Alternative packaging for food made from palm leaves
- 09/06/2018 Are retailers relying too much on plastic packaging?
- 09/06/2018 Aldi announces next step in phasing out plastic packaging for fruit & veg
- 09/06/2018 New packaging solution for Sweet Heart grapes
- 09/05/2018 California grape grower announces launch of top seal packaging
- 09/05/2018 Ellips-Elisam takes over JDC's optical sorter sales activities
- 09/04/2018 First compostable top seal strawberry punnet launched
- 08/31/2018 Pouch bag for watermelon slices launched