Job offersmore »
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- Australia: NSW melon farm speaks out on listeria outbreak
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Growing demand for Spanish organic fruits and vegetables in Sweden
The Spanish Institute of Foreign Trade (ICEX) is once again organizing a space to publicize organic products from Spain at the Nordic Organic Food Fair, which will be held on November 15 and 16 in Malmö, Sweden, where it has detected business opportunities for organic products.
The agency stated that a total of 24 Spanish companies would participate in the fair, nine more than in the previous edition, which was the first edition attended by the ICEX.
They also stated that the Swedish consumers had a good image and appreciation of Spanish agricultural food products in general, and their ecological version in particular. "Their presence in the market is noticeably increasing as is the demand."
In recent years, there has been an important increase in the demand for organic fresh products (fruits and vegetables) from Spain; this is also one of the segments that is growing the most in terms of large scale distribution.
Spain exported 375 million euros worth of agricultural food products and beverages to Sweden in the first eight months of 2017, i.e. 6.8% more than in the same period in 2016.
The Nordic Organic Food Fair is the most important fair for organic products in Sweden, mainly of food and beverages, and it is held jointly with the Natural Products Scandinavia Fair, so it shows a great diversity of products from many sectors.
Publication date: 11/15/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: