Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
- Enormous turnout makes for highly successful Organic Produce Summit
- Looking inside the packing house of a California avocado grower-shipper
- Socially conscious blueberry program links consumers with farmers
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Growing demand for Spanish organic fruits and vegetables in Sweden
The Spanish Institute of Foreign Trade (ICEX) is once again organizing a space to publicize organic products from Spain at the Nordic Organic Food Fair, which will be held on November 15 and 16 in Malmö, Sweden, where it has detected business opportunities for organic products.
The agency stated that a total of 24 Spanish companies would participate in the fair, nine more than in the previous edition, which was the first edition attended by the ICEX.
They also stated that the Swedish consumers had a good image and appreciation of Spanish agricultural food products in general, and their ecological version in particular. "Their presence in the market is noticeably increasing as is the demand."
In recent years, there has been an important increase in the demand for organic fresh products (fruits and vegetables) from Spain; this is also one of the segments that is growing the most in terms of large scale distribution.
Spain exported 375 million euros worth of agricultural food products and beverages to Sweden in the first eight months of 2017, i.e. 6.8% more than in the same period in 2016.
The Nordic Organic Food Fair is the most important fair for organic products in Sweden, mainly of food and beverages, and it is held jointly with the Natural Products Scandinavia Fair, so it shows a great diversity of products from many sectors.
Publication date: 11/15/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: