Job offersmore »
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Spain is the number one exporter of fresh fruit and vegetables globally
- AU: Strong cherry production helps drive Tasmania's agri-food growth
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
Growing demand for Spanish organic fruits and vegetables in Sweden
The Spanish Institute of Foreign Trade (ICEX) is once again organizing a space to publicize organic products from Spain at the Nordic Organic Food Fair, which will be held on November 15 and 16 in Malmö, Sweden, where it has detected business opportunities for organic products.
The agency stated that a total of 24 Spanish companies would participate in the fair, nine more than in the previous edition, which was the first edition attended by the ICEX.
They also stated that the Swedish consumers had a good image and appreciation of Spanish agricultural food products in general, and their ecological version in particular. "Their presence in the market is noticeably increasing as is the demand."
In recent years, there has been an important increase in the demand for organic fresh products (fruits and vegetables) from Spain; this is also one of the segments that is growing the most in terms of large scale distribution.
Spain exported 375 million euros worth of agricultural food products and beverages to Sweden in the first eight months of 2017, i.e. 6.8% more than in the same period in 2016.
The Nordic Organic Food Fair is the most important fair for organic products in Sweden, mainly of food and beverages, and it is held jointly with the Natural Products Scandinavia Fair, so it shows a great diversity of products from many sectors.
Publication date: 11/15/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: