Job offersmore »
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Poland: Juice consumption up by almost 8% last yearThe consumption of fruit and vegetable juices is on the rise in Poland; however, when compared to other Western European countries, it is still small. Last year, it increased by nearly 8%, as Poles drank slightly over 14 litres of juice per person per year; just four tablespoons a day. The statistics are getting better and better, both when it comes to the consumption of fruit and vegetable juices as well as the knowledge about the composition of these products and their nutritional values.
In recent years, the annual increase in juice consumption in Poland has amounted to about a litre per person. The country is slightly above the European average in terms of juice consumption, but Western Europe still consumes considerably more. For instance, Germans consume almost 20 litres of juice per person per year," says Barbara Groele, General Secretary of the National Union of Juice Producers.
Over the past few years, the awareness of Poles has increased significantly. Currently, 18.3 percent of Poles are aware that sugar is not added to the juices (almost twice as high as in 2015). Also, 36.2 percent of consumers know that juice can replace one of the five recommended daily servings of fruit and vegetables. At the same time, a large percentage of Poles believe that producers add sweeteners, preservatives or artificial colours and flavours to their juices.
Publication date: 11/14/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: