Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Excellent EU grape market – if only the grapes can get there
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
- "US agriculture has failed to benefit from the Korean Free Trade Agreement"
- Winter storm Benji dusts southern US and Mexico with rare snow
- Photo report New York Produce show
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Presentation of Potato Producers Association of Castile-LeonThe seminars traditionally organised at the end of the harvesting campaign carried out by the Regional Union of Cooperatives, URCACyL, have served to present the Potato Producers Association of Castile-Leon.
This entity has been created with the aim of trying to give a final boost to the Interprofessional Potato Organization of Castile-Leon, which has already been created, but still needs to be officially accepted by the Council of Agriculture and Livestock. For that to happen, it needs to represent 51% of producers, and so far it has already managed to attract 40%.
"We want to try giving a final push to the Potato Interprofessional, since we consider it a vital tool that can help the sector become better organised. Above all, it can help in carrying out promotional campaigns, so that the consumer can become aware of the need to choose a domestic potato with a higher quality than the one arriving from abroad," said both Eduardo Arroyo and Justino Medrano, two of the initiative's promoters.
The list of activities that this association has set as priorities includes the development of any initiatives that can contribute to organising the crop's cultivation, the improvement of the competitiveness of the potato sector by means of training, a commitment to R+D+i and, above all, the development of awareness campaigns targeted at the consumer.
Another fundamental objective is the development of income stabilization instruments to compensate for incomes falling below the production costs.
Lastly, the Potato Producers Association of Castile-Leon has again requested the launch of a quality mark to identify the Castilian product and help it stand out from the rest in the eyes of the consumer.
Source: Agronews Castilla y León
Publication date: 11/14/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: