Job offersmore »
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Presentation of Potato Producers Association of Castile-LeonThe seminars traditionally organised at the end of the harvesting campaign carried out by the Regional Union of Cooperatives, URCACyL, have served to present the Potato Producers Association of Castile-Leon.
This entity has been created with the aim of trying to give a final boost to the Interprofessional Potato Organization of Castile-Leon, which has already been created, but still needs to be officially accepted by the Council of Agriculture and Livestock. For that to happen, it needs to represent 51% of producers, and so far it has already managed to attract 40%.
"We want to try giving a final push to the Potato Interprofessional, since we consider it a vital tool that can help the sector become better organised. Above all, it can help in carrying out promotional campaigns, so that the consumer can become aware of the need to choose a domestic potato with a higher quality than the one arriving from abroad," said both Eduardo Arroyo and Justino Medrano, two of the initiative's promoters.
The list of activities that this association has set as priorities includes the development of any initiatives that can contribute to organising the crop's cultivation, the improvement of the competitiveness of the potato sector by means of training, a commitment to R+D+i and, above all, the development of awareness campaigns targeted at the consumer.
Another fundamental objective is the development of income stabilization instruments to compensate for incomes falling below the production costs.
Lastly, the Potato Producers Association of Castile-Leon has again requested the launch of a quality mark to identify the Castilian product and help it stand out from the rest in the eyes of the consumer.
Source: Agronews Castilla y León
Publication date: 11/14/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: