Job offersmore »
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
Top 5 - yesterday
- Lidl formula is becoming more and more like the local corner shops
- Fruit fly infested fruit found in supermarket
- Increased packing line efficiency for Washington apple grower
- Italian kiwifruit growers visit New Zealand orchards
- US: Next generation of pre-packaged snacks adds fresh fruit and vegetables
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Driscoll's extends #BerryTogether campaign for the holiday season
In a season traditionally characterized by scarcity, Driscoll’s says it will be offering an abundant supply of raspberries and blackberries over the holiday season.
With increased availability of raspberries and blackberries this year, consumers should have a bounty of possibilities to add to their holiday entertaining, the company reported.
“The late fall represents the second peak production period for Driscoll’s conventional and organic raspberries, which are sourced throughout the holiday season from independent growers in southern coastal California and high elevation growing regions in central Mexico,” Diane Scalisi, Driscoll’s Raspberry Product Marketer.
“Similar to raspberries, blackberries also experience one of the highest volume periods during the holiday time-frame which presents a unique opportunity for retailers and their shoppers,” says Annie Duner, Driscoll’s Blackberry Product Marketer.
She tells that the berries are quite popular through the holiday season as they "are seeing more and more consumers incorporate blackberries into their holiday menus.”
To capitalize on this, a continuation of Driscoll’s #BerryTogether campaign announced earlier this year, Driscoll’s has teamed up with food bloggers and foodie communities to explore new ways to include raspberries and blackberries in your holiday spread.
Some interesting recipes resulting from the collaboration include a new Raspberry Habanero Relish, a Raspberry and Beet Chevre spread, a Cranberry, Raspberry, and Maple Sauce, Blackberry Hot Toddy, and a Quick-and-Easy Blackberry Cobbler. The collection of berry inspired holiday recipes can be found on driscolls.com.
Driscoll's also announced a #BerryTogether holiday sweepstakes. To enter, people need only take a photo of themselves or their loved ones celebrating with Driscoll’s berries this season on either Instagram or Twitter and use the tags #BerryTogether and #Sweepstakes.
One grand-prize winner will receive a KitchenAid mixer, berries for a year, and a baking set. Plus, three first place winners will receive a prize of berries for a year.
For more information:
Tel: +1 800 871 3333
Publication date: 11/14/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: