Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Myanmar watermelons increase in price due to high demand from China
The combination of a high-quality watermelon crop and increased demand from China has raised prices for watermelons above those in October at the fruit wholesale market in Muse 105-mile trading camp.
“As it is the season for harvesting in Myanmar and local watermelon is of a good quality, the price is increasing and a tonne of watermelon costs more than 1,200 yuan (USD $180.72),” said Sai Min Thu Naing from Khwa Nyo fruit wholesale at Muse 105-mile trading camp.
Beginning from early November, a tonne of watermelon cost 2600 yuan to 3000 yuan, with low-grade watermelon going for below 200 yuan per tonne.
1 Chinese Yuan = 0.15 US Dollar
Publication date: 11/14/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: