Job offersmore »
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Myanmar watermelons increase in price due to high demand from China
The combination of a high-quality watermelon crop and increased demand from China has raised prices for watermelons above those in October at the fruit wholesale market in Muse 105-mile trading camp.
“As it is the season for harvesting in Myanmar and local watermelon is of a good quality, the price is increasing and a tonne of watermelon costs more than 1,200 yuan (USD $180.72),” said Sai Min Thu Naing from Khwa Nyo fruit wholesale at Muse 105-mile trading camp.
Beginning from early November, a tonne of watermelon cost 2600 yuan to 3000 yuan, with low-grade watermelon going for below 200 yuan per tonne.
1 Chinese Yuan = 0.15 US Dollar
Publication date: 11/14/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: