Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Pakistan sees potential to increase fruit and veg exports to the UK
UK Prime Minister’s Trade Envoy Rehman Chishti said that the considers Pakistan as an important emerging market and that British businessmen are ready to grow further trade and economic ties with their Pakistani counterparts to avail the available opportunities.
He was talking to the Lahore Chamber of Commerce and Industries (LCCI) Acting President Zeshan Khalil and members of the executive committee at the chamber along with UK Diplomats. British Deputy High Commissioner Elin Burns, Deputy Directors, Department of International Trade Matt Lister, Trade & Investment Manager Waqar Ullah, British High Commission Head of Communication Sidra Riaz and Waqar Ahmed Mian also spoke on the occasion.
LCCI Acting President Zeshan Khalil said that Pakistan and United Kingdom enjoy good diplomatic and trade relations. Both countries are playing their due roles quite well in strengthening their diplomatic ties that also reflect in our overall trade.
Zeshan Khalil said that UK is one of the top five exporting markets in the world for Pakistan. UK is ranked at 3rd and 16th places among the top exporting and importing countries respectively for Pakistan. Both countries are maintaining overall trade above USD $2 billion from the last three years.
"There is a need to work on identifying new products for mutual trade to give a boost to our trade relations with UK. Edible Fruit & vegetables are one of the major products which UK is importing from the world. Pakistan has potential to export these products and capture its due share in the UK market”, the LCCI Acting President added.
The heads of British Department for International Development, UK Trade & Investment, British Business Center etc., keep visiting Lahore Chamber to identify new areas of cooperation to promote trade & investment relations between two countries.
Zeshan Khalil said he hoped that Trade Envoy of UK’s Prime Minister will play an instrumental role in further improving the trade and investment relations between Pakistan and UK.
Publication date: 11/14/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: