Job offersmore »
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
Top 5 - yesterday
- Lidl formula is becoming more and more like the local corner shops
- Fruit fly infested fruit found in supermarket
- Increased packing line efficiency for Washington apple grower
- Italian kiwifruit growers visit New Zealand orchards
- US: Next generation of pre-packaged snacks adds fresh fruit and vegetables
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Northwest/USA Pears to host global event to kick off National Pear Month
To kick off the 13th year of National Pear Month, Pear Bureau Northwest/USA Pears is once again implementing promotional efforts on a global scale.
On December 2nd, consumers around the world will have the chance to engage with pears in person and online through samples, games, prizes and more as part of World Pear Day. There will be opportunities to connect with pear lovers from all over the world.
Kevin Moffitt, President and CEO of Pear Bureau Northwest, sees the event as an effective way to connect directly with consumers. "USA Pears is again promoting World Pear Day to kick off National Pear Month in December. In this second year, we will be attempting to break or set some world records for pear sampling by consumers worldwide."
World Pear Day is the ideal time to celebrate the abundance and variety of USA Pears, now at their peak and available worldwide. The ten varieties of pears grown in Washington and Oregon include: Green Anjou, Red Anjou, Bartlett, Red Bartlett, Bosc, Comice, Concorde, Forelle, Seckel and Starkrimson.
For more information:
Pear Bureau Northwest
Tel: +1 503 807 6110
Publication date: 11/14/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: