Job offersmore »
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- Grape grower-shipper opens new warehouse in Nogales, AZ
- One of New Zealand’s newest apple varieties starts Dazzling the world
- Spain: Report accuses major veg producer of severe environmental damage
- AU: New technology delivering biodegradable produce labels
- China: Dragon fruit prices down slightly compared to previous years
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Mexico must compete with Colombia for exports of avocados to the USA
Mexico has a new rival in the export of avocados to the United States: Colombia. The South American country has already made its first shipment of this fruit to the US thanks to the agreement between the two countries last August.
There are only a few countries that serve this market, which is 80% dominated by Mexico, as the avocado is one of Mexico's most important export products. Between January and August of this year Mexico exported avocados for $778 million dollars.
Peru, Chile, and California also export this fruit. The ambassador of Colombia in the United States, Camilo Reyes, said this first shipment was an important moment in the bilateral relationship and a reaffirmation of the commitment of both governments in favor of open trade.
"The governments of the United States and Colombia worked closely to open the doors of the United States to this fruit, in support of farmers, exporters, and communities," said the diplomat after the announcement of the arrival of the cargo in Port Everglades, Florida, on Wednesday.
Publication date: 11/15/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: