- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Tomorrow's Single's Day bound to push online fruit sales in China
Alibaba hit $17.8 billion in sales on 11.11 2016, and 2017 is expected to blow through that number. This single day figure is higher than the annual e-commerce sales of the whole of Brazil. Alibaba says 140,000 brands, some 60,000 of them international labels, will offer up over 15 million product listings this year. Prediction: Jack Ma’s Tmall will come close to hitting $1 billion an hour in sales, making Alibaba the biggest retail machine in the world.
For fresh produce retailers and fruit growers, Single's Day provides excellent opportunity to boost autumn sales. Year on year, new initiatives are launched to catch on to this trend, from fruit specially ripened to be available on the day, special packaging.
Supafresh has made special deals with retailers to promote their imported and ready-to-eat fruits on the Saturday. Nathan of Supafresh explains: “This year, we work with JD.com and Tmall.com. We supply them with avocado, orange and conference pear. For the avocado, the volume is quite big, a number of containers in total. And we promote the ripened avocado, packed with 3 pieces in 2-3 different maturity.”
Staff at Supafresh packing fresh avocadoes for delivery
Miss Fresh is offering special membership upgrades to its customers and discounts. According to Miss Fresh’s marketing manager: “We are making membership upgrade, and paying members can enjoy the special rights of japonica rice, such as delivery within 1 hour, 5 % return, exclusive preferential price and so on. On the same day of November 11th, members can enjoy a 50% discount on the whole merchandise.”
Kiwifruit producer Qifeng Fruit is organizing the "2017 Single's Day E-Commerce Carnival Night", starting on November the 10th. The night's events include online quizes and gifts for people that dial in.
In addition, JD.com is launching a "Single's Day Washington Apple" marketing campaign. Washington Apples are known amongst Chinese consumer for their crispness and sweetness. JD.com
Washington apples being marketed for Single's Day
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/21/2018 Aldi announces two-year deal with Carlow-based mushroom growers
- 09/20/2018 JD.com ramps up 7FRESH stores expansion across China
- 09/20/2018 Italy: 2500 tons expected of Dori' kiwis
- 09/20/2018 Plans to rebuild Munich wholesale market hall picks up again
- 09/20/2018 Claas van Os leaving Levarht
- 09/20/2018 "We hope to benefit more people with our knowledge and machinery"
- 09/19/2018 Mooy Logistics sold for 3.96 million euros
- 09/19/2018 Eric Biddiscombe joins Polymer Logistics
- 09/19/2018 Ross Williams receives Southeast Produce Council’s Next Generation Award
- 09/18/2018 Greenyard’s shares rebounding after reopening of Hungarian factory
- 09/18/2018 Midwest distributor names Bob Reich as VP of Sales
- 09/18/2018 Gladstone Land acquires two orchards in California for $6.9 million
- 09/17/2018 Courchesne Larose celebrates 100th birthday in style
- 09/17/2018 Sakata Seed America celebrates Grand Opening of Woodland Innovation Center
- 09/17/2018 Dole Food Co. sold its 168,000 square-foot corporate campus for $50 million
- 09/14/2018 China: Qingdao pear harvest
- 09/14/2018 "China: "Frozen pumpkins processed in large volumes"
- 09/14/2018 United Fresh enhances industry relations team
- 09/14/2018 Is your farm eligible for a grant of up to $500,000?
- 09/14/2018 Sigfrido Fruit inaugurates new facilities and expects to reach 14 M€ in sales