Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Dirk van Nieuwkerk, Anaco Greeve:
"Growers can't complain with the current tomato prices"
The switch from the Dutch to the Spanish tomato season is going very well according to Dirk van Nieuwkerk of Anaco Greeve. "A number of Dutch growers are already finished, others will run out this week or next. Spain is starting slightly later and this means no one is in each others way. All in all a good situation for Dutch horticulture."
"The prices are at a reasonable level, and this has been the case for a longer period. I believe the growers can't complain at the moment, although it's the nature of the beast I suppose. The current prices, however, should be satisfactory. Really good B-tomatoes are sold for 5.50 - 6 Euro, the difference in A tomatoes (2-4.50) is more extreme. The prices of the small sizes have also been considerably good for a while."
Publication date: 11/10/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: