Job offersmore »
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
EU to send delegates to study agricultural trade potential with Iran
A 70-strong European Union delegation comprising Europe’s senior officials and economic activists are due in Iran on Saturday, November 11.
According to a Farsi report by Fars News Agency, the team are to study the existing potential in Iran to upgrade trade cooperation with Tehran, especially in the agricultural produce sector.
If their assessment of Iran’s potentialities is positive, there is a possibility of an EU office being opened in Iran. Currently, there are impediments to the export of agricultural produce to Europe, which will be facilitated if the European Union establishes an export office here in the country.
The high-ranking delegation is to hold meetings at the Tehran Chamber of Commerce and at the Iranian Agriculture Ministry.
Iran is one of the world’s leading exporters of agricultural produce, namely pistachios, nuts and saffron.
Due to adverse climatic conditions in Italy, Italians have turned into regular customers of Iran’s kiwifruit. The exports of the fruit to nearby countries, including Russia, could considerably grow if the packaging, end price and transportation service are improved.
Publication date: 11/10/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: