Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
- "We currently distribute 7,000 to 8,000 fruit baskets a week"
- Excessive temperatures worry Western Cape citrus farmers
- Ecuador: Banana prices are expected to be high at the beginning of 2018
- The new entry for the Crimson Snow family is the French Mesfruits
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
Singapore fresh produce distributor saves thousands with new ERP software
Oracle NetSuite, a provider of cloud-based financials / ERP, HR, Professional Services Automation (PSA) and omnichannel commerce software suites, announced today that SunMoon Food Company Limited (SunMoon), a global distributor of fruit and food products, has deployed NetSuite OneWorld.
SunMoon distributes a wide range of fresh and sustainable produce, from frozen durians to ready-to-eat sweet corn and deployed NetSuite OneWorld to support its global growth, enabling increased overall productivity and efficiency. In just five months, NetSuite OneWorld facilitated 900 transactions, having saved SunMoon 150 hours and an estimated S$20,000 ($14,680 USD).
Live in April 2017, SunMoon is leveraging OneWorld for financials, inventory and order management, financial consolidation across three subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, and the US, and multicurrency transactions in 11 different currencies – Australian, Canadian, Hong Kong, Singapore and US Dollar, Euro, Indonesian Rupiah, Malaysian Ringgit, Renminbi and Thai Baht. It also supports, English, Chinese, and Bahasa Malay.
Prior to deploying NetSuite OneWorld, SunMoon primarily used emails to correspond with its farmers, suppliers and customers for stock taking, order management, invoicing and billing. This required significant manual coordination, making it extremely difficult to track orders and compare quotes, greatly impacting productivity and the company’s growth potential.
NetSuite OneWorld enables SunMoon’s suppliers to enter expiry dates, packaging sizes and other details from any internet-connected device into the cloud-based system. Based on this information, SunMoon can more easily create a quote for its customers, which they can accept with just one click. NetSuite OneWorld then automatically sends a PO to farmers and generates an invoice once the order has been fulfilled.
Publication date: 11/9/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: