Job offersmore »
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe - Benelux and Scandinavia
- Grower Manager - Tuakau, New Zealand
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
California kiwi grower sets sights on mega record
In an effort to establish a record for the worlds single largest kiwi, three generations of one California kiwi farming family will host a Guinness Book of World Records event November 14th at Kool Kountry located at 42874 Rd 64 in Reedley, CA.,” announces second-generation member Jerry Kliewer.
According to Kliewer, the globally recognized record keeper will receive the results from two representatives who will be on hand to verify the records establishment. The Kliewer family which includes patriarch Lowell, son Jerry, and his son Jerin, have been growing kiwi fruit in California since 1973. In 2010, The Kliewers identified a unique variety in Europe that captured their attention. The “mega” kiwi not only grows to an incredibly large size, but boasts nearly twice the vitamin C and 60 percent more antioxidants than the standard “Hayward” variety. “We were so impressed with the mega kiwi that we obtained exclusive representation of this variety in the USA.” As part of their ramp up in production, the Kliewers will have organic Megakiwi available for consumers next year.
Kliewer Family Farms grows table grapes, tree fruit, citrus, and kiwi in the Reedley, California.
Kliewer Family Farms
Publication date: 11/8/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: