Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: "The next step for avocado consumers is to choose organic"
The demand for this fruit is increasing year after year, causing many producers to start prioritising when making their sales. They first serve their regular customers and, later, they meet the orders of their new clients. "Sometimes, we have to resort to the production of other producers in the area to be able to cover all orders," explains Claire Arquillière, member of the Palacios Escutia team.
Claire says that the next step for consumers is to start buying the organic version of the fruit. "We have started cultivating it with all the necessary certification, but we haven't yet reached the volumes of traditional avocados we usually work with (between 1,500 and 2,000 tonnes)."
The representative of Palacios Escutia explains that Latin America has some advantage in this regard, as the organic avocado farms on the other side of the Atlantic are considerably larger. Consequently, it is difficult to compete with the volumes they can export to the rest of the world. Nevertheless, "the cultivation of organic avocados will expand little by little in Spain, as people want to be sure that what they eat is a 100% healthy product."
For more information:
Tel.: +34 609589360
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: