Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: "The next step for avocado consumers is to choose organic"
The demand for this fruit is increasing year after year, causing many producers to start prioritising when making their sales. They first serve their regular customers and, later, they meet the orders of their new clients. "Sometimes, we have to resort to the production of other producers in the area to be able to cover all orders," explains Claire Arquillière, member of the Palacios Escutia team.
Claire says that the next step for consumers is to start buying the organic version of the fruit. "We have started cultivating it with all the necessary certification, but we haven't yet reached the volumes of traditional avocados we usually work with (between 1,500 and 2,000 tonnes)."
The representative of Palacios Escutia explains that Latin America has some advantage in this regard, as the organic avocado farms on the other side of the Atlantic are considerably larger. Consequently, it is difficult to compete with the volumes they can export to the rest of the world. Nevertheless, "the cultivation of organic avocados will expand little by little in Spain, as people want to be sure that what they eat is a 100% healthy product."
For more information:
Tel.: +34 609589360
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: