Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US domestic Fall squash sales are “brisk”2017’s domestic fall squash supplies seem to be on par with 2016’s.
“We have seven varieties of fall squash in our organic production plan--Acorn, Butternut, Delicatta, Kabocha, Red Kuri, Sugar Pie and Spaghetti,” says Brenda Haught of Bakersfield, Ca.-based Creekside Organics, Inc. “Sales have been brisk and we are currently sold out of four varieties. But we still have Butternut, Spaghetti, Red Kuri and Sugar Pie available for the next six to eight weeks. Supplies of Butternut and Spaghetti are good and Red Kuri and Sugar Pie are winding down.” Fall squash, notes, Haught, are shipping from the Sacramento and Salinas, Ca. regions.
With those supplies similar to 2016’s levels, Creekside’s season is right on track. “This year we haven’t had any rain to speak of in our growing region so that has allowed us to harvest later than last year,” says Haught. Demand, she adds, is coming from all regions of the country. “But the East Coast has primarily been our strongest region,” she says.
Prices on par too
This puts prices similar to last season’s as well and Haught anticipates that those prices will remain consistent through the Thanksgiving holiday.
While there’s much production being grown, packed and shipped throughout the U.S., she does note Creekside is starting to see some varieties become available from Mexico.
For more information:
Creekside Organics, Inc.
Tel: +1-661 859-0346
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: