Job offersmore »
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: Navelina orange prices 15% higher than last year
The start of this year's campaign has been very different compared to that of the previous one, as the prices of Navelina oranges, the first marketable variety of the year, are up to 15% higher than last season. There are various reasons for this change, but one of them is the fact that the acreage planted with this variety is increasingly smaller, "because the cultivation of other citrus fruits at the moment is more profitable," explains Jesús Rodríguez, of the company Jeanih.
Navelina oranges account for an important share of the total volume produced in the Vega Baja del Segura. "Last year, we exported one million kilos, of which Navelinas accounted for around 40%," says Rodríguez. The main destinations for the product were Italy and Germany, but some fruit was also shipped to the United Kingdom and Belgium.
For more information:
Jeanih – Brokers Hortofrutícolas
Orihuela – Alicante. Spain
Tel.: +34 965 304 444
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: