Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- “Single pineapple box ready for introduction”
- "Packing under our own brand is about driving innovation, driving taste, adding value"
- Central Valley grape crop benefits from lack of extreme heat
- Multi-million dollar campaign and in-store displays drive Halos mandarin sales
- Plums and cherries: Delicious new hybrid from California
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Walmart plans to sell Japanese supermarket unit Seiyu
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Ecuador: Authorities seize 1 ton of cocaine hidden underground in banana plantations
Ecuador's National Police and the National Anti-narcotics Directorate, through the Counter-Narcotics Intelligence Unit with European Coordination (UIACE), conducted the 178 Fortaleza Police Operation on the night of November 1, in which they arrested three citizens and seized a ton of cocaine.
The police operation dismantled a family structure dedicated to the trafficking of classified substances subject to control. After several months of investigation, the police established that Mr. B.J. had created a structured criminal group that, together with his family, allowed supplying, storing, and shipping alkaloids to European countries.
The alkaloid of the organization was stored in farms located in strategic areas of difficult vehicular access where they were buried to conceal them. This organization used 2 farms that were located in the canton Naranjal, in the sector of Las Mercedes, where authorities found several jute sacks with a total of 998 packages of cocaine hydrochloride buried underneath banana plantations.
Authorities at the site also found several cartons of the Banana Premium brand and plastic bags, which allowed them to presume that the alkaloid was going to be packed next to the fruit, sent to the port, and shipped in international legal cargo containers.
Several properties located in the Naranjal canton were raided and the authorities seized several vehicles that were used for the mobilization of the members of this organization.
Publication date: 11/6/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: