Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- “Single pineapple box ready for introduction”
- "Packing under our own brand is about driving innovation, driving taste, adding value"
- Central Valley grape crop benefits from lack of extreme heat
- Multi-million dollar campaign and in-store displays drive Halos mandarin sales
- Plums and cherries: Delicious new hybrid from California
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Walmart plans to sell Japanese supermarket unit Seiyu
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Dole Japan recall 9,000 bunches of Philippine bananas after wire found inside
Dole Japan said Wednesday it will recall approximately 9,000 bunches of packaged Philippine bananas due to concerns they have been tampered with.
The company found an approximately 3cm long wire in a banana during a voluntary inspection at its facility in the city of Kawasaki on Friday.
The company reported the incident to local police, believing someone in the Philippines inserted the wire into the banana. The fruit subject to recall is being sold at supermarkets and greengrocers across Japan.
In a second instance of possible food tampering, Dole Japan received a complaint on Monday over the phone from a consumer in Aichi Prefecture who said a piece of wire was discovered when eating a banana. The customer did not suffer an injury and no other health problems have been reported.
"We sincerely apologise for causing a significant inconvenience and worry," the company said in a statement.
Publication date: 11/2/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: