Job offersmore »
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- Australia: NSW melon farm speaks out on listeria outbreak
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Euro Pool System and La Palette Rouge share knowledge in packaging pooling
Two divisions, each with the same year of birth, are sharing their expertise in the area of packaging pooling. EPS has become the standard packaging in the European chain for fresh and packaged foods with its reusable and folding trays. LPR has taken a leading position in the FMCG sector with its innovative pallet pooling system.
By exchanging knowledge, experiences and ideas with each other and with their customers, EPS and LPR hope to create space for innovation and synergy throughout the entire supply chain. Both divisions want to thank their customers for their confidence and collaboration in the past 25 years.
“Our story began in 1992, when three packaging pools, part of the cooperative auction houses in the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany, put an end to the logistics impasse of inefficiency in the packaging of fresh produce. They collaborated on this and devised a standard form of packaging for fruits and vegetables”, explains Dirk Vercammen, the Regional Director Western Europe of Euro Pool System.
At the end of 2011 Euro Pool System acquired LPR, thus enlarging the range of products and logistical services offered to its retail customers. "LPR is currently recognised as a major pallet-pooling specialist by the leaders of the FMCG sector. We obtained our position through a lot of hard work, trust and loyalty of our customers, our strict quality requirements, and especially through the daily commitment of our people", says Xavier Goube, Managing Director of LPR.
Euro Pool Group
Whilst the companies continue to operate as two divisions of the Euro Pool Group, the resources of both are combined, creating a synergy for the benefit of their customers. With customers in 35 countries and over 150 service centres, millions of trays and pallets circulate through the chain, making sure the (fresh) food produce is delivered to the grocery stores with a minimum product damage.
This results in a turnover of more than 500 million euro in 2016, achieved by a workforce of approximately 1000 people. “We are proud of our history, our products, our achievements, and our loyal and committed team. We are happy that we can help our partners to improve the sustainability of the fresh food supply chain. Choosing for returnable packaging implies a conscious choice for a sustainable supply chain.” says Gerjo Scheringa, the CEO of Euro Pool Group.
For more information:
Publication date: 10/31/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: