Job offersmore »
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- Australia: NSW melon farm speaks out on listeria outbreak
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Turkey: "We expect to export about 700 tonnes of black figs this year"
Volumes change depending on supply and demand, as well as on the weather conditions; however, the number of orders for black figs from Turkey has been increasing over time and producers are beginning to devote more hectares to this crop. "It is a fruit that is widely consumed in our country, but in our case, we export most of our production (700 tonnes)," explains Okan Eryilmaz, of Tekasya.
Although the fruit is shipped to different destinations throughout the campaign, such as Hong Kong, Singapore, Indonesia, all of Europe, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Canada, "we consider Europe, Hong Kong and Dubai as our main destinations, as they absorb 70% of our total production," he explains.
The prices offered for this product vary depending on the time of the campaign and the means of transport chosen. Thus, "when shipped to Hong Kong, the box can cost about $ 8; while in Dubai it will reach 7 dollars and in Europe just 3.5 Euro."
For more information:
Tel: +90 5305132818
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: