Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
First batch of Malaysian pineapples arrives in Shanghai by sea
The first 12 ton batch of Malaysian pineapples arrived in Shanghai by sea on 26 October. This was the first time that Malaysian pineapples have been imported to China in containers by sea. Earlier, China imported these pineapples through air transport, and they did very well on the market. Malaysia then started container transport by sea to bring more of its pineapples onto the Chinese market.
Because there has been so much demand for pineapples on the Chinese market, in the past few years, the imported pineapple trade has been growing constantly. China is now importing pineapples from many different countries and regions, such as Thailand, Malaysia, the Philippines, Costa Rica and Taiwan. In the middle of October, China welcomed its first direct flight with close to 900 tons of Costa Rican pineapples. This competition will benefit the Chinese consumers, as it allows them to buy high quality, fresh pineapples for low prices.
Source: China News Network (Beijing)
Publication date: 10/30/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: