Job offersmore »
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe - Benelux and Scandinavia
- Grower Manager - Tuakau, New Zealand
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
New weighing solution for watermelons
Watermelons are not the easiest fruit to manage. Meccanica Malvasi clients know it well, as they asked the company for a piece of machinery that can weigh them quickly. At Fruit Attraction 2017 in Madrid, the company presented a weigher suitable not only for watermelons, but for all round-oval fruit.
"It's a V-shaped weigher that works with crates too. What's new is the fact that pricing is also carried out during weighing. A label is air-fired. Weighing is carried out in the central part and, at maximum speed, the machine can process up to 50 pieces a minute," explained Enrico Malavasi and Cristian Chieregati.
The machine can also be used for mini-watermelons and melons and weighs up to 20 kg. This way, packagers and/or traders can become more efficient and reduce processing times.
Meccanica Malavasi also presented the RMM 300, a patented watermelon tilting machine. Unloading watermelons from the bins directly into the sorter risks damaging the fruit. The alternative is unloading them by hand. With this system, an air-cushion closes the upper part of the bin and blows it up. This way, watermelons are eased down. In addition, the machine can process up to 4 bins per column and eliminates the need for forklifts.
Enrico Malavasi and Cristian Chieregatti
Meccanica Malavasi srl
Via A. Volta 30
46028 Sermide (MN)
Tel./Fax: (+39) 0386 832162
Mob.: (+39) 328 4911795
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: