Job offersmore »
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- Australia: NSW melon farm speaks out on listeria outbreak
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Crunch Time Apple Growers goes online for their SnapDragon brand refresh
Crunch Time Apple Growers had two goals in mind when starting their brand refresh for SnapDragon® Apples for 2017 - engage their consumers, and sell more apples.
The company took a multi-tiered approach to this challenge by creating a new website, fresh social media channels, and a whole new look for the apple that is poised to replace some older varieties in the produce aisle.
SnapDragons’ brand refresh also looked to market the apples as a healthy snack for consumers with an active lifestyle. This includes jumping on board as the official apple sponsor of the nationwide Tough Mudder events. The company also created a promotion with Schwinn bicycles that opened October 5th. Crunch Time Apple Growers and Schwinn are giving away a bike a week throughout the month of November.
“Something we discovered when we executed our online strategy, was there was an audience of SnapDragon enthusiasts out there waiting for our apple and trying to buy it before we had even started picking.” Montedoro points to fans Like Debbie Selke of Schenectady, New York.
“Mrs. Selke literally drove from market to market ”Seeking the Snap.” Montedoro says another promotion was born. The Seek the Snap Campaign will open the week of October 23rd and run through the end of December. SnapDragon fans on Facebook can share where they purchased their SnapDragons and be entered to win free apples and a tote bag.
“We want to further engage our online fans as well as show retailers that consumers are demanding our product and sometimes go to great lengths to get their ‘Snaps.”
For more information:
Crunch Time Apple Growers
Publication date: 10/26/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: