Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
StePac launches new modified atmosphere packaging line "Xgo"
Atmosphere packaging solutions provider StePac, a wholly-owned subsidiary of UK-based Johnson Matthey PLC, has launched a new line of fresh produce packaging solutions.
Johnson Matthey Technical Development Manager, Gary Ward. says, "We're building on the latest developments in advanced Xtend modified atmosphere/modified humidity (MA/MH) technology and packaging design to help both retailers and international food brands to address growing consumer demands for premium quality packaged produce."
Xgo advanced retail packaging line will be showcased at the Produce Marketing Association (PMA) Expo taking place October 20-21 in New Orleans. Johnson Matthey booth will be in Hall E, Stand #3219.
The company claims that case studies demonstrate the retail value of Xgo packaging for whole fruits, vegetables and fresh herbs as well as fresh-cut salads. Retailers can drive sales through innovation by capitalising on the latest developments in MA/MH technology to provide extended shelf life and reduce waste.
The retail packaging solutions rev up customer demand by displaying fresher, more appealing produce in convenient, attractive easy to identify, easy to handle packaging."
Retail packaging solutions include:
Xgo LIDDING FILM: Customised solutions for a wide range of produce packed in either PET or PP trays. Re-sealable lidding film available (for PET only).
Xgo PREFORMED BAGS: High-performance, pre-formed flexible packaging solutions for manual packing, that significantly extend shelf life of both whole and fresh cut fruits and vegetables. Large selection of films with varying water vapor transmission rates available to provide optimal moisture control for each type of produce being packed.
Xgo FLOW PACK: Roll stock for automated retail packing processes. Large selection of films with varying water vapor transmission rates available to provide optimal moisture control for each type of produce being packed.
Xgo STANDING POUCH: Cleverly engineered to provide extended shelf life in a convenient, attractive Grab-N-Go retail packaging format. The standing pouch commands shelf displays, offering instant product recognition and most significantly, good film clarity and condensation control.
All products contain excellent anti-fog properties and can be customised to provide optimal modified atmosphere conditions for prevailing temperature-time profiles of many different kinds of produce.
Publication date: 10/19/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: