Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Photo report of fresh produce stands at Anuga 2017
Companies with a focus on fresh fruit and vegetables products did attend the Anuga in Cologne - the largest food fair in the world - but they were in the minority. It is therefore, not surprising that the share of fruit and veg companies at this biennial exchange was limited to those who act as suppliers for processing and / or foodservices. Worth noting was the wide range of juices, juice concentrates, the amount of packaging and the many smoothie packs, a trend from the United States.
Photo clockwise: Joren Groot from Nutland notes that the raw product is very popular; Fruits Rouges & Co's organic soft fruits are grown mainly in France, according to Sylvain Organi; Pomfresh had pre-cooked purple potato cubes (12 by 12 mm) in a sealed package; Marjan de Boer and Roel Aldewereld from Banken Mushrooms show their Champ Burger, consisting of 50% mushrooms. The colour of the mushrooms can be clearly seen.
Long queues, crowded stands and aisles were common at the event. Almost all standholders were positive about the high visitor numbers at Anuga, which were estimated at 165,000. The number of exhibitors was also large: around 7,400.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: