Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- Winter storm Benji dusts southern US and Mexico with rare snow
- Excellent EU grape market – if only the grapes can get there
- Challenges and opportunities for Colombia's banana sector
- Morocco: Strawberry acreage grows from 10 to 3,660 hectares in 27 years
- California growers set out to fully assess wildfire damage
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
HillFresh celebrates its 10-year anniversary
Fruit and vegetable company HillFresh International is celebrating its 10 year anniversary by looking back on the influence the company has had on the fruit and vegetable market and maybe, more importantly, what their goals will be for the years to come.
The future of HillFresh is now set on offering the consumer not only a good product but also the right assortment with the right promotions, the company explains. The HillFresh tell that they have now shifted their focus from supply to the demand side with creative packaging and promotional ideas, for example:
The trend of consumers going healthy is moving faster than anyone could have imagined. People are buying more fruit but are also bringing more to work. The kiweek is kiwi packaging that allows consumers to bring a week of kiwi to work.
Pineapple & slicer set
With their range of Pineapples HillFresh is offering a free Pineapple Slicer promotion package to retailers running their Pineapple program. They claim that retailers offering a slicer will increase Pineapple Sales even in the months after the promotional period.
To help promote the upcoming (year round) kaki fruit HillFresh is developing its own kaki tool. With this kaki wedger consumers can prepare a kaki within seconds making it easy to prepare a healthy snack for their children to bring to school or enjoy it yourself at work. This slicer will be offered this kaki season to retailers working together with HillFresh to promote the fruit.
The new retail approach and the items added to the HillFresh assortment will be branded under the fruit label JUISY. The brand Juisy will focus more on social media interaction and to inspire consumers with recipes and food education.
Another new addition to the HillFresh assortment will be a range of Nickelodeon branded kids fruit.
Nickelodeon, Viacom Consumer Products (NVCP) and HillFresh International have announced a new multi-year program in Europe offering fruit and vegetable snacks with branding from popular Nickelodeon properties such as Blaze and the Monster Machines, PAW Patrol, Dora the Explorer, Shimmer & Shine, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and SpongeBob SquarePants.
Aimed to promote healthy eating for children in a fun and playful manner, the products will also include collectable playing cards and packaging that inspires kids’ creativity.
The snacks, which will include fun shapes such as SpongeBob pineapples or PAW Patrol tangerines, will hit the market from November 2017.
HillFresh International BV
Publication date: 10/11/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: