Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- Tanimura & Antle launches Artisan Dew Drop cabbage
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
Exchange ratesmore »
Middle East a promising market for Vietnam ag exports
With a total population of more than 400 million, the 16-country Middle East is a promising market for Vietnam’s farm exports, economic experts said.
Statistics released by the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development show that export-import revenue between Vietnam and the Middle East reached 10.89 billion USD in 2016, up more than 100 percent from 2011.
The Middle East needs vegetables, fruits, juice, which are among Vietnam’s strengths.
Vo Quang Huy, Director of Huy Long An Co., Ltd., said the Middle East in general and Iran in particular are promising markets for banana exports, adding that his company used to deliver bananas to the region but had difficulties in the payment process.
To export bananas to the Middle East, a company needs high-quality post-harvest preservation while bananas grow all across Vietnam, he said, noting transportation as another obstacle.
Le Thanh, Director of the Institute of Vietnam Organic Agricultural Economics, described the Middle East as an “attractive paradise” for Vietnamese goods and a huge market for the country’s farm exports.
However, he said, Vietnamese exporters still face barriers regarding logistics and payment.
Publication date: 10/9/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: