Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
Middle East a promising market for Vietnam ag exports
With a total population of more than 400 million, the 16-country Middle East is a promising market for Vietnam’s farm exports, economic experts said.
Statistics released by the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development show that export-import revenue between Vietnam and the Middle East reached 10.89 billion USD in 2016, up more than 100 percent from 2011.
The Middle East needs vegetables, fruits, juice, which are among Vietnam’s strengths.
Vo Quang Huy, Director of Huy Long An Co., Ltd., said the Middle East in general and Iran in particular are promising markets for banana exports, adding that his company used to deliver bananas to the region but had difficulties in the payment process.
To export bananas to the Middle East, a company needs high-quality post-harvest preservation while bananas grow all across Vietnam, he said, noting transportation as another obstacle.
Le Thanh, Director of the Institute of Vietnam Organic Agricultural Economics, described the Middle East as an “attractive paradise” for Vietnamese goods and a huge market for the country’s farm exports.
However, he said, Vietnamese exporters still face barriers regarding logistics and payment.
Publication date: 10/9/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: