Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Walmart plans to sell Japanese supermarket unit Seiyu
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Travelers can shop online during their flight
Rewe to provide a "flying supermarket" for Lufthansa
After a long stay abroad, shopping for groceries is one of the biggest priorities of all. After a vacation or a business trip, the refrigerator at home is usually empty. Fresh fruit and vegetables, meat, bread, cereal, milk or your favourite yoghurt for a good start in the upcoming days still have to be bought. Lufthansa's customers will be able to spare themselves these troubles in the future: In a pilot project, supermarket REWE will make it possible for Lufthansa to offer their customers an opportunity to shop online for their groceries on the return flight, starting on the 1st of October. The groceries will be delivered straight to the customer's door upon their return by REWE's delivery service.
Orders can be made easily by using the Lufthansa Flynet on board all Lufthansa long haul airplanes. Travelers can use the FlyNet portal to go to the REWE delivery service website for free and can buy as much as they choose from the German supermarket. After completing their purchases, customers can choose the moment of delivery after their return to Germany. The food products will be delivered directly to their house in a cooled box.
Lufthansa makes travelling even more comfortable for their customers with this service. Being able to shop for groceries during the flight is a prime example of the advantages of Lufthansa's digitalisation strategy. The airline will put more pilot projects on the market in order to test what customers want and to develop new products in collaboration with the customers.
The pilot project starts on October 1st and will last three months. During the first six weeks, the service will be tested on all long haul flights from Frankfurt, Munich and Düsseldorf. During the second six weeks, clients can try out the service on all long haul planes to Frankfurt, Munich and Düsseldorf. Deliveries can only me made within Germany.
Weekly groceries can be done online on REWE.de with just a few clicks. The assortment is the same as in the REWE supermarket with fruit, vegetables, dairy products, frozen products, meat and sausages, drinks, drugstore articles and more. Thanks to the on-time delivery, the client decides when the order will be delivered. At the moment, the service is available in 75 cities, such as Berlin, Hamburg, Frankfurt, Munich and Cologne - and the surrounding areas.
For more information:
Publication date: 10/9/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: