Job offersmore »
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
USApple asks: How Do You #AppleADay?
How do you like your daily apple? Do you slice a crisp Fuji at lunchtime and dip it in a side of nut butter? Perhaps you end your day on a sweet note with a warm piece of apple crumble? This apple season, USApple wants to know how consumers enjoy their #AppleADay.
During National Apple Month (Oct.) and through Nov. 3, USApple is talking to social media encouraging individuals to share comments, posts, pictures and videos answering how they take their #AppleADay. Each person who shares how they #AppleADay on the USApple.org website through an online form – or on social media with the #AppleADay hashtag – enters to win gift cards or industry prizes.
From sliced to sauced, from blended to baked, as a morning meal or mid-night snack, USApple seeks to create the world’s longest list of ways to enjoy an #AppleADay. Individuals can submit their reasons at usapple.org/appleaday.
Responses to date include:
- “I make crockpot baked apples”
- “Straight from the tree”
- “Every day with some cheese and crackers”
- “Apple slices, almond butter, cinnamon and oats”
- “I use it in my smoothies with avocado”
- “I always eat a fresh apple at lunch every day and apple crisp at least once a week. Apples are a staple in our house no matter which way we fix it.”
Read other responses at usapple.org/appleaday-results.
“Our industry and the broader wellness community are always encouraging people to eat an apple a day, and an apple a day can look different for everyone,” said Korenna Wilson, Director of Consumer Health and Media Relations, USApple. “We want to spend peak harvest season engaging with consumers online to see just how people enjoy their favorite apples and show that it’s far from boring, or the same. Our growing list will give all of us new ideas to fit in that apple a day.”
U.S. Apple Association
Publication date: 10/17/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: