Job offersmore »
- Supply Chain and Inventory Manager - Bologna, Italy
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Vietnam: Vegetable & fruit exports set to hit record highVegetable and fruit export revenue is hoped to hit a new record of US$3.6 billion in 2017, with bumper crops forecast for the rest of the year.
As of September 15, exports of the products hit US$2.49 billion, up 46.7% from the same period last year, a faster growth than the country’s overall export growth.
Last year, vegetable and fruits ranked 14th out of 24 products with export revenue of over US$1 billion, above crude oil, rice, plastics and steel.
Currently, Vietnam has about 820,000 hectares of fruit farms, including 92,000 hectares of rambutan, 86,000 hectares of citrus fruit trees, 84,000 hectares of mango, 73,000 hectares of longan and 1,000 hectares of grape farms.
Output of longan this year is forecast to reach 512,000 tonnes, with that of citrus fruits hitting 741,000 tonnes, rambutan 721,000 tonnes and mango 702,000 tonnes.
Thanks to agricultural reform and the development of agricultural technology, the production of fruits is rising.
In the first eight months of this year, Vietnamese fruits were sold in 14 foreign markets with the leading ones including China, Japan, the US, the Republic of Korea, the Netherlands, Malaysia and Thailand.
Source: Vietnam Net / Agroberichten Buitenland
Publication date: 10/3/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: