Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Egypt looks to export fruit and vegetables to China, Australia and Canada
Egypt has begun negotiations with three countries (Australia, Canada & China) for the entry of new Egyptian products into their markets.
AEC (Agriculture Export Council) and the Ministry of Agriculture have begun negotiations with Australia, Canada and China. The objective is to allow entry of new products into their markets in the near future.
Egypt wants to export grapes to Australia and Canada, following its successful export to the East Asian markets. They are also planning to export onions, pomegranates and dates into China, following successful expeditions in the last 2 years with grapes and citrus fruits.
Egyptian exports, for which the season ended in July, grew by more than 4%, exceeding 3.7 million tonnes (3.6 million tonnes in 2015/16). This increase is mainly due to the performance of the citrus sector for European countries.
Publication date: 10/3/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: