Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- "Our Kissabel apples go beyond offering a new variety"
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “Our Edipeel product keeps ripe avocados ripe for twice as long”
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
- Peru: French company is interested in dried organic produce
Exchange ratesmore »
Vietnam should improve quality to increase ag exports to South Korea
Vietnam is likely to reach US$70 billion of bilateral trade with South Korea by 2020, an official said at a seminar on export promotion to South Korea held on Friday in HCM City.
Lê An Hải, deputy head of the Ministry of Industry and Trade’s Asia-Pacific Market Department, said bilateral trade between the two countries had soared 87-fold, from $500 million in 1992, to $43.4 billion last year.
Speaking on the sidelines of the meeting, Heo Songmoo, counselor for food & drug safety affairs at the South Korean Embassy said food safety should match the country’s high standard of imports, which is equivalent to standards required in the United States and Japan.
“Improving marketing tools as well as packaging (attractive, with sufficient information about the product) should be a top priority for Vietnamese exporters in order to compete with Thailand and others,” he told Việt Nam News.
Meanwhile, Yoon Byung Soo, product strategy director at Lotte Việt Nam Shopping Join-Stock Company, said Korean customers preferred healthy, high-quality products.
Vietnam should diversify its products and pay more attention to product appearance and packaging as Korean consumers are willing to pay more for those features, he said.
Nguyễn Minh Phương, a representative from CJ Freshway Vietnam, said that Korean standards were very high, particularly for agricultural products, creating a tough barrier for Vietnamese exporters.
South Korea has an area one-third the size of Việt Nam, but the country’s population is 51.44 million. Due to an inadequate food supply from domestic producers, South Korea depends heavily on imports of agricultural products.
Việt Nam, one of South Korea’s most important trade partners, has great potential to become a strategic exporter of agricultural products to Korea, Phương said.
Publication date: 10/2/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: