- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Fresh Market Conference in Warsaw draws more international visitors
Click here to view the photo report.
What started as a primarily domestic event, has seen international attendance continue to grow, with exhibitors and visitors hailing from the Netherlands, Italy, Greece and Egypt, just to name a few.
Poland has changed a lot since the beginning of the conference. One of the panel discussions held throughout the day touched on just that, asking the question, 'What drives the Polish consumer?'. Panelists discussed how to increase fresh and vegetable consumption in Poland, how logistics have changed over the past 10 years and what role packaging has in sales. The speakers emphasized the importance of internet retail and that private labels are the wave of the future.
The Russian embargo continues to change the landscape of Polish exports and has caused many traders to search for new markets and new innovations in order replace the gaps in sales that were left after Russia was no longer the main market for many. Since then, many have looked to alternative markets such as China, India and the Middle East. For this discussion, panelists spoke about the work that Polish promotion boards are doing abroad, if it is enough, but also what the different preferences are for those markets.
The event was a great opportunity for visitors to meet directly with major European retailers in the hopes of striking up a new deal together, along with providing a great opportunity for visitors to network and visit the various stands located in the hall.
Towards the end of the afternoon, the organisers took the opportunity to recognise the company's who had been present at the event from the very start. After that, the much awaited Fresh Market Award 2017 was announced, with the lucky winners being Polish company DILBAR, for their packaged fresh goji berries. A product that many fortunate visitors were able to taste for the very first time.
To learn more about the Fresh Market Conference, please visit www.freshmarket.eu.
Click here to view the photo report.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/20/2018 37th edition of the IKO Conference
- 09/19/2018 Indiana: How agriculture technologies can be scaled up to save lives
- 09/19/2018 FreshStart conference returns in January 2019
- 09/19/2018 Mac Fruit Attraction Egypt - Cairo 2018: a global brand for fresh produce!
- 09/18/2018 Royal Mas's “Little Durian" brand to hold promotion event in Shanghai
- 09/18/2018 Registration for British Carrot Demonstration Day has opened
- 09/18/2018 Sustainability in agriculture: the Mater-Bi mulching film at Agricultural Film 2018
- 09/17/2018 FPAA to hold first ever women’s leadership invitational
- 09/17/2018 CIV at Asia Fruit Logistica: new successful apple, pear and strawberry varieties!
- 09/17/2018 ”Fresh Business Expo proven to be effective platform for Ukraine's fresh produce industry”
- 09/14/2018 "The future of fruit is digital"
- 09/14/2018 Keeping fresh fruit and vegetables relevant in the future
- 09/13/2018 Portugal: Short-Course on “Quality and Safety of Fresh-cut Produce”
- 09/13/2018 Interpoma 2018; “The Apple in the World” congress looks East
- 09/13/2018 Innovations and vegetable varieties at Bakker Brothers open days 2018
- 09/13/2018 Seminis announces Brassica iX event in Enkhuizen
- 09/12/2018 Government of Canada celebrates Organic Week
- 09/07/2018 Taking advantage of opportunities in Canada and Saudi Arabia at Fruit Attraction
- 09/07/2018 Foundations laid in Chinese market
- 09/07/2018 China food startup Miss Fresh raises $450 mln in new funding round