Job offersmore »
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
Dennis van Tricht, AGF-Direct:
"Broccoli in particular suffered from water damage"
The wettest place this month was Noord-Holland. "Last week there was up to 180 mm of rain in some places," says Dennis van Tricht of AGF-Direct, which has an office on the wholesale market in Zwaagdijk, the cradle of the open ground vegetable trade.
"Broccoli in particular suffered from the heavy rainfall and this will last for at least another week. The cauliflower is slightly better defended. As far as quality is concerned we have good heavy cabbage and there is certainly enough to cut until week 44," Dennis continues. "But the growers have to be able to get onto the land and that was a bit of a problem on some plots in recent days. There is also some milling required here and there."
Cauliflower field at grower PBA de Wit
AGF-Direct focuses fully on the Benelux market. "Besides the set contracts with supermarkets there is a good demand for cauliflower and broccoli from exporters at the moment. There is little product available for the day to day trade, so you can sell what is left for a good price. Those good prices compensate for the drop-out a little," concludes Dennis.
For more information:
Dennis van Tricht
1681 NN, Zwaagdijk
Tel: 0031 (0) 85-3032632
Publication date: 9/21/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: