Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Belgian chip maker Roger & Roger invests $12m into Croky plant
Snack manufacturer Roger & Roger known for its chips has invested USD $12 million into its Croky plant. The investment will allow the company to push forward with more gluten-free options.
Roger & Roger potato chip plant in Mouscron, Belgium
"Every year we invest around 10% of our turnover to improve our automation lines but also embark on new productions," Yves De Vinck told.
For the past three years, Roger & Roger has commissioned two tortilla manufacturing lines based on corn kernels. and since last year, many resources are going towards gluten-free chip production.
"Our goal is to offer a wide range of gluten free products as quickly as possible, but this requires a complete reset of all our lines."
More than USD $12 million is planned to be invested this year to grow the chip business in Mouscron.
Roger & Roger, better known under its trademark Croky bought from a British consortium in 2004. The company in Mouscron says it holds a market share of 37%, of which 25% through "Private Label" brands and the rest through Croky.
Roger & Roger achieved a turnover of 120 million euros last year. 90% Of its revenues come from exports to key countries such as the Netherlands, Denmark and Finland. Nearly 70% of the production is for private labels "but our intention is to grow our brand Croky by making it more well-known," says the CEO.
Publication date: 9/20/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: