Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Belgian chip maker Roger & Roger invests $12m into Croky plant
Snack manufacturer Roger & Roger known for its chips has invested USD $12 million into its Croky plant. The investment will allow the company to push forward with more gluten-free options.
Roger & Roger potato chip plant in Mouscron, Belgium
"Every year we invest around 10% of our turnover to improve our automation lines but also embark on new productions," Yves De Vinck told.
For the past three years, Roger & Roger has commissioned two tortilla manufacturing lines based on corn kernels. and since last year, many resources are going towards gluten-free chip production.
"Our goal is to offer a wide range of gluten free products as quickly as possible, but this requires a complete reset of all our lines."
More than USD $12 million is planned to be invested this year to grow the chip business in Mouscron.
Roger & Roger, better known under its trademark Croky bought from a British consortium in 2004. The company in Mouscron says it holds a market share of 37%, of which 25% through "Private Label" brands and the rest through Croky.
Roger & Roger achieved a turnover of 120 million euros last year. 90% Of its revenues come from exports to key countries such as the Netherlands, Denmark and Finland. Nearly 70% of the production is for private labels "but our intention is to grow our brand Croky by making it more well-known," says the CEO.
Publication date: 9/20/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: