Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Philippines: Bananas make up 12% of all exports from Davao
Export of fresh bananas made up 12.44 percent of the entire export made by Davao Region in 2016 amounting to about $84.85 million.
In the data provided by Philexport Davao Region, there are about 60 commodities that the region is exporting, the top commodity of which is the fresh bananas with export amounting to exactly $84,854,883.21.
Other commodities on the list include desiccated coconut ($15.25 million), banana puree ($7.90 million), banana chips ($3.99 million) among others.
Meanwhile, with the objective of fully promoting and supporting the banana export industry, Philexport is set to conduct a banana congress on October 12 to 13, wherein they also plan to discuss the need to create a banana industry development council.
“Our target here is to form the banana industry development council. The banana industry has a lot of problems but we don’t have a major organization or council which supposed to be supported by the government,” said PhilExport chairman Domingo Ang.
Publication date: 9/19/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: