Job offersmore »
- Supply Chain and Inventory Manager - Bologna, Italy
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Philippines: Bananas make up 12% of all exports from Davao
Export of fresh bananas made up 12.44 percent of the entire export made by Davao Region in 2016 amounting to about $84.85 million.
In the data provided by Philexport Davao Region, there are about 60 commodities that the region is exporting, the top commodity of which is the fresh bananas with export amounting to exactly $84,854,883.21.
Other commodities on the list include desiccated coconut ($15.25 million), banana puree ($7.90 million), banana chips ($3.99 million) among others.
Meanwhile, with the objective of fully promoting and supporting the banana export industry, Philexport is set to conduct a banana congress on October 12 to 13, wherein they also plan to discuss the need to create a banana industry development council.
“Our target here is to form the banana industry development council. The banana industry has a lot of problems but we don’t have a major organization or council which supposed to be supported by the government,” said PhilExport chairman Domingo Ang.
Publication date: 9/19/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: