Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
NewStar Fresh Foods invests in processing capabilities at Mexicali facility
NewStar Fresh Foods, shipper of iceless green onions in North America, announced plans to make a significant capital investment in its Estrella Nueva facility, located in Mexicali, Mexico. The company intends to add a variety of high-technology equipment, including mechanized optical sorters, precision slicers, and form-fill machinery.
“We are making this investment as part of our ongoing strategy to excel in our space with state of the art growing capability, processing expertise, and food safety excellence, which will support our entire Mexico infrastructure,” said NewStar owner and CEO Anthony Vasquez. “That focus has already led to a significant increase in demand from our customers looking for customized solutions utilizing our Mexican based production.”
The new equipment is designed to produce custom cuts and packs that meet the specific needs of today’s foodservice, food processing, manufacturing, and home meal kit companies. “This investment will help us achieve one of our strategic initiatives of delivering innovative, customized, and ‘in the box’ ingredient solutions to our customers at higher volumes, year-round, without sacrificing quality or shelf life,” added Mr. Vasquez.
For more information:
Tel: +1 954 821 5554
Publication date: 10/2/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: