Job offersmore »
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Myanmar attempts to export avocados to China
According to local fruit sellers, Myanmar will try to export avocados to China in October and November. They are planning to start with the Mexican and Hass avocados, but Chinese buyers said that they will only purchase the fruits after the quality is approved.
So far they are requiring that the avocados are pest-free, can easily ripen and come with similar sizes and good colour. The buyers stressed that China is a big potential market if the benefits of avocados for diet and cosmetic products are accepted in China. The related report says that Chinese buyers had imported some avocados from Myanmar last year, but they were consumed simply as fruits, so the quantity was very small.
The major production areas for avocados in Myanmar are located to the south of Shan State and also Kanpetlet and Mindat in Chin State. There are about 30 different varieties grown in these places.
Publication date: 9/5/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: