Job offersmore »
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Myanmar attempts to export avocados to China
According to local fruit sellers, Myanmar will try to export avocados to China in October and November. They are planning to start with the Mexican and Hass avocados, but Chinese buyers said that they will only purchase the fruits after the quality is approved.
So far they are requiring that the avocados are pest-free, can easily ripen and come with similar sizes and good colour. The buyers stressed that China is a big potential market if the benefits of avocados for diet and cosmetic products are accepted in China. The related report says that Chinese buyers had imported some avocados from Myanmar last year, but they were consumed simply as fruits, so the quantity was very small.
The major production areas for avocados in Myanmar are located to the south of Shan State and also Kanpetlet and Mindat in Chin State. There are about 30 different varieties grown in these places.
Publication date: 9/5/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: