Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- "Our Kissabel apples go beyond offering a new variety"
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “Our Edipeel product keeps ripe avocados ripe for twice as long”
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
- Peru: French company is interested in dried organic produce
Exchange ratesmore »
Myanmar attempts to export avocados to China
According to local fruit sellers, Myanmar will try to export avocados to China in October and November. They are planning to start with the Mexican and Hass avocados, but Chinese buyers said that they will only purchase the fruits after the quality is approved.
So far they are requiring that the avocados are pest-free, can easily ripen and come with similar sizes and good colour. The buyers stressed that China is a big potential market if the benefits of avocados for diet and cosmetic products are accepted in China. The related report says that Chinese buyers had imported some avocados from Myanmar last year, but they were consumed simply as fruits, so the quantity was very small.
The major production areas for avocados in Myanmar are located to the south of Shan State and also Kanpetlet and Mindat in Chin State. There are about 30 different varieties grown in these places.
Publication date: 9/5/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: