Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: Jiangxi fig production falls 20%
"The fig production in China is widely distributed. They are seen as an uncommon fruit breed. Because of its sweet taste and smell, in the past few years, they have become more and more popular. In Jiangxi, because of the weather, this year's fig production has decreased by 20% compared to last year," according to Mr. Tao Zhihua of Nanchang Xinda Agricultural Development Co., Ltd.
Nanchang Xinda Agricultural Development Co., Ltd. fig fields
"In Lutian Village in the development zone of Wangcheng in Nanchang, Jiangxi, we have a fig field of 10 hectares (100 mu). We sell 50% of our figs through traditional sales channels to distributors and supermarkets in first and second tier cities in China. 40% is sold through e-commerce platforms, and the remaining 10% is sold directly to end consumers. Apart from selling them, we also process figs."
Nanchang Xinda Agricultural Development Co., Ltd. promotion
"The production season of Jiangxi figs lasts from 15 July until November. The current price is similar to last year's. In order to effectively promote our products, and to let even more consumers understand our value and that of our figs, we believe promotion is very important. Apart from cooperating with the media to bring relevant information to the public, we also do subway advertising. Every day, our commercials are broadcast continuously on the subway lines 1 and 2. I believe that, by improving our brand awareness, more people will become familiar with and like our figs."
Nanchang Xinda Agricultural Development Co., Ltd.
Phone: +86 137 3291 9153
Publication date: 9/5/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: