Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- Enormous turnout makes for highly successful Organic Produce Summit
- Greenyard gives first estimate of financial impact of recent recall
- Looking inside the packing house of a California avocado grower-shipper
- Tsunami hits Mallorca and Menorca
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Chilean blueberries undergo Korean inspection
The Risk Management Division of the South Korea Animal and Plant Quarantine Agency's (APQA) inspector, Park, Sung Woo, arrived in Chile on Sunday to verify compliance with the measures established by that Asian country to authorize the start of Chilean blueberry exports.
"The visit is part of the protocol established with Korea to export blueberries and cherries. In this sense, an APQA inspector travels to Chile to inspect compliance with the measures established in the respective Technical Protocol, and once it certifies conformity in this respect, it is possible to start exporting these fruits, " commented The General Manager of ASOEX.
The professional also commented that during the 2016-2017 season, Chile exported more than 580 thousand boxes of fresh blueberries to the Korean market, which represented a 20% increase compared to the previous season. Korea is in third place as a destination for Chilean blueberries in Asia, followed by China and Hong Kong.
This season the export sector wants to anticipate the start of exports. As a result, the inspector's visit was coordinated with the SAG and APQA in advance.
The Korean inspector's visit began Monday with a meeting with professionals and technicians of the Agricultural and Livestock Service (SAG) of the Metropolitan Region, who informed the visitor about the work of the Protection Division of this service, in addition to the National Control Program Of Lobesia botrana. After which a visit was made to the SAG Laboratory of Lo Aguirre.
On Tuesday he visited the O'Higgins Region, where he met with SAG representatives' of the Region, and learned about the control program carried out in the area. He then visited blueberry orchards.
This Wednesday Park, Sung Woo, will meet with SAG professionals from the Metropolitan Region, where he will be informed about the Control Plan and visit orchards. A similar meeting will be held on Thursday in the Region of Valparaiso, concluding with a final one on Friday with the SAG's central level authorities.
Finally, it has to be highlighted that the visit is organized by the SAG, along with the Association of Fruit Exporters of Chile Ag (ASOEX).
In the photograph accompanying the note (from left to right) Claudio Moore, Agricultural Manager of SAG VI Region; Roberto Mir, Head of the Technical Subdepartment of SAG RM; Park, Sung Woo, APQA Inspector and Miguel Canala-Echeverría, General Manager of ASOEX.
Publication date: 8/31/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: