Job offersmore »
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- New Zealand company creates robots for horticulture
- Maersk outlines techniques to preserve quality of blueberries during shipment
- Hydroponics, focusing on nutritional value per hectare
- NZ: The apple varieties putting the focus back into taste
- Fresh Del Monte Produce to buy back $300 million in outstanding shares
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Vietnam may miss cashew export target due to shortageVietnam may not reach this yearís targeted cashew export value of 3.3 billion USD, due to a shortage of raw materials for the cashew export processing.
Ta Quang Huyen, vice chairman of the Vietnam Cashew Association and general director of the Hoang Son I Co Ltd, stated that Vietnamís cashew exports in the first seven months of this year have reached a total value of 2.6 billion USD.
The domestic cashew industry must import about 300,000 tonnes of raw materials for export processing, to reach its targeted export value of 3.3 billion USD for the entire year, Huyen added.
However, the cashew crop season in West Africa has already ended so the available supply of raw materials from this region will not be too significant, making it difficult for the domestic cashew processing industry, he further said.
By the end of the year, the demand for cashew nuts in the world market will increase, especially for Christmas. Therefore, factories will continue to import 300,000 tonnes of raw cashew for processing and export to many countries, such as Libya, Mozambique, Tanzania and Indonesia.
Read more at en.vietnamplus.vn
Publication date: 8/29/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: