- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
All NZ kiwifruit contractors to be audited after worker exploitation
Zespri communications manager Oliver Broad said it was one of a number of initiatives that aimed to raise standards and drive compliance.
It implemented a pilot programme for labour contractors last year and "this will be rolled out to all harvest contractors in the coming season, covering labour law and worker welfare", he said.
It was part of an industry programme on Global GAP, an international initiative on safe and sustainable agricultural practices.
"We will be extending our contractor registration process this year to include all labour contractors and sub-contractors rather than just harvest contractors."
An independent organisation would carry out the audits to a Zespri standard, he said.
MBIE labour inspectorate regional manager Kevin Finnegan said it had a focus on the horticulture and viticulture industries for a number of years, with regular operations targeting breaches of minimum employment standards in orchards across the country - including in the kiwifruit industry.
"We have encouraged the kiwifruit industry to take greater ownership over the breaches of employment standards found in their orchards, and in their supply chains. With the industry looking to begin to self-audit and check their supply chains, we believe this is a good step in the right direction.
Read more at nzherald.co.nz
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/20/2018 Costa Rica's exotic fruit has opportunities in Canada
- 09/20/2018 North Florida: Cold hardy avocados
- 09/20/2018 Mexico: Growing interest in fig crops in Michoacan
- 09/20/2018 Excellent quality but lower yields for pomegranates
- 09/20/2018 Mexico: "6 out of every 10 papayas consumed in North America are from Colima"
- 09/20/2018 Kiwiberries on the market and gaining popularity
- 09/20/2018 New Zealand Fuyu persimmon filling gap before California season starts
- 09/19/2018 Gilroy garlic ranch fully supports trade war
- 09/19/2018 Green light for Jamaica to export mangoes to the US
- 09/19/2018 Australian avocado season - Far North Queensland
- 09/18/2018 Egypt: Only certified farms allowed to export Pomegranates this season
- 09/18/2018 Thrilling food for the Queen of England
- 09/18/2018 “Avocado prices recovering again”
- 09/18/2018 Australian woman’s avocado on toast leaves a lot to be desired
- 09/17/2018 Dark chocolate avocado bar
- 09/17/2018 "Organic kiwiberries are a product to develop"
- 09/17/2018 The cost of avocado thefts in New Zealand
- 09/17/2018 Major study of kiwifruit pollination wins NZ government funding
- 09/14/2018 Italy: Good prices but lower quantities for persimmons
- 09/14/2018 Greece a good market for larger sizes