Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- "Our Kissabel apples go beyond offering a new variety"
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “Our Edipeel product keeps ripe avocados ripe for twice as long”
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
- Peru: French company is interested in dried organic produce
Exchange ratesmore »
Improvement of bilateral trade and protection of national agriculture
Peru and Holland interconnect their electronic certification systems
The National Agrarian Health Service (SENASA) reported that authorities in Peru and the Netherlands have interconnected their electronic certification systems, which will reduce risks of falsification of documents, times and costs.
Likewise, the measure is expected to protect national agriculture, and in the coming year, multiply bilateral international trade.
According to SENASA, via the Netherlands, agricultural shipments of Peruvian products are being sent to other European destinations. Of the US $600 million in agroexports during 2016, about 300 million were re-exported to other member countries of the European Union (EU).
"The adequacy of the technological platform presented today is such that with the click of approval in the SENASA Peru system, the certificate will be in the Dutch food safety authority's system in seconds," the statement said.
This technological change represents a saving of one million dollars annually in the delivery of certificates to the Netherlands, said the Minister of Agriculture and Irrigation of Peru, José Manuel Hernández.
The new measure minimizes costs of coordination, the transportation of securities, as well as adulterated documents, avoiding costs for new regulations or rejects of cargo, all to the benefit of the importer, exporter and customs agents, said the official.
On the other hand, the minister said that the countries of the Pacific Alliance, with which exports and imports of agricultural products through the Single Window of Foreign Trade (VUCE), are to integrate their systems with the Peruvian one.
Publication date: 8/28/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: