Job offersmore »
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
- Eco Brewing & Growing Technician - UK
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UK invests $5m into potato farming in ZambiaThe British government has invested US$5 million into potato farming in the Northern Province of Zambia, to boost agriculture production in the region and contribute to the country’s economic diversification programme.
British High Commissioner to Zambia Fergus Cochrane said in an interview in Kasama that Zambia has great potential to export agriculture produce in the Great Lakes region.
Mr Cochrane said his government is interested in fostering agriculture production in the Northern Province to lift people out of poverty.
“Agriculture is an area that we are interested in. In fact here in Northern Province, UKAid is investing over US$5 million dollars into a farm in a place called Katito for potato production,” he said.
“We want to develop it. So we want to do our bit to help Zambia diversify and make more of this wonderful potential in agriculture,” Mr Cochrane said. He said this is feasible through diversification of the economy.
Publication date: 8/14/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: