Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
- Spanish company growing by 50% per year in the subtropical sector
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
South African potato sales grow by 24%From January till July this year, an extra 12.9 million 10kg bags were sold on South African fresh produce markets than were sold at the same time last year; up 24%. As a result, market prices are 37% lower during the same period.
For the 2017 marketing year information for more than 44,000 hectares is already available. Indications are that hectares planted will only decrease slightly for 2017 compared to 2016.
To compare: From January till the end of December 2016, 17.3 million 10kg bags less (15%) were sold on the national fresh produce markets than in 2015. The drought and high temperatures experienced in most of the production regions had a negative impact on yields. As a result, market prices were 65% higher than at the same time in 2015.
Read more at agrisa.co.za
Publication date: 8/14/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: