Job offersmore »
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
- Eco Brewing & Growing Technician - UK
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
South African potato sales grow by 24%From January till July this year, an extra 12.9 million 10kg bags were sold on South African fresh produce markets than were sold at the same time last year; up 24%. As a result, market prices are 37% lower during the same period.
For the 2017 marketing year information for more than 44,000 hectares is already available. Indications are that hectares planted will only decrease slightly for 2017 compared to 2016.
To compare: From January till the end of December 2016, 17.3 million 10kg bags less (15%) were sold on the national fresh produce markets than in 2015. The drought and high temperatures experienced in most of the production regions had a negative impact on yields. As a result, market prices were 65% higher than at the same time in 2015.
Read more at agrisa.co.za
Publication date: 8/14/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: