Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Eritrea gets disease resistant potato varietyEfforts to develop select potato seeds on the part of Halhale National Agricultural Research Institute (HNARI) are producing encouraging outcomes, according to Mr. Musie Fekadu, Head of Bio-Technology at the Institute.
He further explained that research conducted over the past three years by the Eritrean government in collaboration with partners has enabled the Institute to develop disease-resistant, select potato seeds.
He also indicated that following a pilot project in three villages, it has been possible to produce 400 to 600 quintals of potato and that the select potato seeds have already been distributed to 10 exemplary farmers.
Meanwhile, Ms. Senait Ogbazgi, an expert on vegetables and fruits at the Agriculture Ministry's branch in Dubaruwa sub-zone, called on farmers to effectively apply the guidelines received from experts.
The beneficiary farmers, for their part, called for the distribution of the seeds to all farmers.
Publication date: 8/11/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: